Six Weeks Before Move
- Choose a mover
- Begin an inventory of the households.
- Arrange school transfer for the kids.
- Fill out the post office change of address cards.
- Make a selection of different unwanted articles and make a moving sale.
Four Weeks Before Move
- Start packing and cleaning the house.
Three Weeks Before Move
- Arrange to have utilities as gas, light, water and others.
- Make arrangements for car registration changes.
Two Weeks Before Move
- Arrange to move pets.
- Have your auto ready for the trip.
One Week Before Move
- Transfer all bank accounts.
- Cancel newspaper delivery.
One Day and the Day of the Move
- Finish to pack or supervise the packers that finish to pack.
- Unplug all electronic devices and appliances.
- Check closets, cabinets, and storage lockers for any articles overlooked.
- Sign all moving documents to start the moving.
- Have your inventory on hand.
- Take a look around the house.
- Packing one room at the time.
- Put the important papers in a secure place.
- Have the primordial articles on hand.
- Label all the boxes.
- Do not use used boxes.
- Wrap the furniture.
- Store electronic devices as computers in original boxes or in secure boxes.
- Also use bubble wrap, padding, packing tape and other safety materials.